Nigel Burke, MBBS is the main protagonist in Surgeon Simulator 2013.
Nigel lived in England and was working in a supermarket before he became a surgeon. He was in his early 30's, was married and had children, but was then divorced and had to sell his house.
Nigel met, at an unknown point, his new girlfriend, Trisha.
One night at a bar, he met a staff from the Barnadshire hospital and he impressed them with his immense medical knowledge.
He started out working as a surgeon in one of the wings of the hospital where he transplanted hearts.
Surgeon Simulator events Edit
He was eventually moved to another end of the hospital and was then given his own desk. There, he performed several different heart transplants, double kidney transplants and brain surgery to a man named Bob who had been found in a car accident.
Soon after, the hospital saw that Nigel was experienced, and assigned him to dangerous operations in ambulances, such as operations like heart transplants, double kidney transplants, and brain surgery. After performing a number of operations, a black floppy disk is placed on his desk. Inserting it in the computer makes a message appear on the screen:
"Nigel, we've been watching your performance. We require your services in a special mission.
By inserting this disk you have agreed to come and help us and an agent will be along to pick you up imminently.
Do not be alarmed...
Stand by (which turns into STAND BY after a few seconds)"
Nigel is then sent into space with unknown means and then performed heart surgery amongst other operations to an Astronaut named Bob. When he returned to Earth, he is known as the best doctor in the world, and receives a degree of medical science from the University of Barnadshire dated 16 February, 1987.
Nigel is then contacted by an unknown alien race via VCR, which allows him to perform various surgeries on an Alien named Gworb. After he performed these operations, Nigel officially becomes the Best Surgeon in the Universe.
- Nigel has to take pills from the Rx. There are some on his desk.
- Nigel is right-handed (though you have the ability to make him left handed in the options menu.)
- Nigel has a video game floppy disk on his desk after a couple of operations, the game is Deep Dungeons of Doom, which is also made by Bossa Studios.
- Nigel may be also a reference to the popular meme Nigel Thornberry and the "I'll do this with my hands" meme.
- Nigel has various cut and unused voice lines, some were present in the prototype, however have been removed in subsequent versions. Some of these lines include:
- "Oh, what have I done!?"
- "Oh, dammit!"
- "Jesus, Jesus Christ!"
- "Oh God, oh God no!"
- "Oh no.."
- Various gagging and wheezing sounds